The playscape is moved, set in cement and all the pieces put back together but it still has no roof. The best plans went awry when our third helper got set to come assist Jeff and his friend Jason. Helper #3 is a deputy, a k9 deputy, and I ended up having to send him on a track instead of helping Jeff that day. The roof is just too heavy and will take at least three people to lift so it will continue to sit until we can recruit more help.
We had a hot, thunderstormy weekend with intervals of sunshine. We did get up to Highland Park to see the Stevensons who were here from St Louis celebrating their son George's high school graduation by renting a cottage and bringing guests here. Got part of a beach day in and then the rain came.
The boys refuse to wear anything other than short sleeve shirts and "short sleeve pants"! They are getting tan despite the 50 sunscreen they wear at the beach but they spend almost all day every day outside playing. They are excited they can touch the bottom of the pool at grandpa's this year and we need to find them some swimming lessons. Matthew is jumping off the steps into the pool and from the sides too. Jonathan isn't quite as brave yet but he will be soon. They are still in swim vests in the pool but we have dropped them from the beach. I guess we will bring them if it's rough but so far the boys just stay in the shallow water and play.
Wednesday and Thursday of this week are their last days with their current daycare lady. They have been with her for two years now so it will be a big change next fall. They had a couple other kids there with them on days with her. They will go to daycare at our church beginning in late August. The four year old class has about 15 kids we think so it will be a good step up before beginning school the next year. The boys are really excited about it.
Even more fun, they will spend the summer this year again with their grandparents on days I work. I am sure they will have lots of adventures. We are lucky enough to have Jeff's dad and stepmom living here in town and Jeff's mom and stepdad live about 2 hrs away and they come to play too.
We also got season passes to Michigan Adventure for this summer and we are looking forward to spending some fun times at the amusement park/waterpark. We are going to go this Saturday and see what it's all about. I'm not sure if the boys or Jeff are more excited about all the rides!
We finally sold the minivan, they are on the way to pick it up as I type. It will be great to get that off the driveway. I am just not a minivan mom, I need windows that open and a sunroof and a car that can handle snow better so we've moved on to a GMC Acadia and I love that car!
No comments:
Post a Comment