FYI... I kept Matthew in at the last recess in a time out! I can hardly believe it but felt like I had to follow thru. He was being disruptive in the bathroom when we took a break after Art class. Then as we finished our Writing assessment, he did not follow directions. He was over goofing off by Jonathan, who was still writing. Maybe it's the excitement of Valentines Day coming up!
I called home after school and had a chat with Matthew and explained that we were not happy. He burst into tears and admitted he had been "barking" in the bathroom because it echoes and it makes his friends laugh. He and his buddies were then trying to steal Jonathan's pencil eraser from him and in the struggle Matthew got in trouble and Jonathan lost his eraser to the teacher.
After homework he was told to write a note to Mrs. S. and apologize.
I don't suppose there is any hope they will be on good behavior during their school party tomorrow? They were not happy to remember that I am one of the mothers in charge of it and that they could, and would, promptly find themselves sitting in the hall during the party if this continued.
They did go to bed tonight without a peep. We'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment